Sunday, December 2, 2007

P.C.

Making political incorrect jokes is always tricky, but since I’ve only got two readers I gladly take the risk. Personally I love political incorrect jokes – therefore I’m a big fan of Ricky Gervais and South Park – but it’ always a surprise which jokes are ok for the readers, and which aren’t. Therefore a few questions for the readers who think the cartoon is funny:

Suppose I changed ‘girl who is mentally challenged’ by ‘Down Syndrome girl’. Would you still think it’s funny? And what if I changed it by ‘black girl’ or ‘Muslim girl’? Would that be funny?

How far can one go in making jokes? Share your views on this matter!

7 comments:

Lebbercherrie said...

This one had me in stitches!

It IS crude, but with that understanding that your characters make these comments and not you, which makes it funny again.

However, if you were to ventilate the same opinion and not in a 'tongue-in-cheek-kinda-way' it would be plain rude.

(And it's funny on another level, as well because last week I saw a guy who was dating this girl who was clearly mentally challenged.)

I personally have a rather large tolerance for shocking jokes, but I believe that should not be the only focus of your cartoons. It can be a part of it, but one has to be careful not to turn into a one-trick pony.

But hey, if it was only up to me I wouldn't draw anything else but tits and asses.

Just putting in my two cents here.

Zimbob said...

WOOHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
If there was a way beyond capital letters, I would walk it!
Right now.
You's got sum funny shit, Dork.

Zimbob said...

Muslim, Hindu... all the same...



No????

Lebbercherrie said...

True shit, honkie!

Dork Universalis said...

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to use the shocking jokes in moderation. So, the next two episodes you'll get a "light" version of the Dork ;-)
And indeed, all religions are the same bullshit :-D

Lebbercherrie said...

I think you understood me wrong here. Don't dillute, but beware of being rude for the sake of being rude. That's all. And after all, you shouldn't probably take advice from a guy who once thought it would be a terrific idea to mix tequila and champagne.

Zimbob said...

That's right... once you get to know Lebbercherrie, you'll see that ignoring him comes easier every time :D
Keep up the good work and please-oh-please: stay shocking.